- Destination Kent
- Group Tours
- Public Art - From poems on utility boxes, murals painted on brick walls, and unique bike racks, Kent is filled with creativity!
- Downtown Gallery - Located in the heart of downtown, this gallery features the work of local, regional, and international artists with exhibitions changing monthly.
- Kent State Museum - The Kent State Museum contains collections of fashion and decorative arts. Its eight galleries feature changing exhibitions of work by many of the world's great artists and designers.
- Sculpture Mile - Visit 15 diverse works of art long the Kent State University campus.
- First Friday Art Walks - Visit numerous galleries and artist studios throughout the downtown. First Friday evening from May to December.
Eat. Drink. Fun.
- Franklin Hotel Bar - Located in the basement level of the historic Franklin Hotel, this bar offers hand-crafted cocktails, wine, craft beer, delicious small plates, and dessert.
- Kent Cheesemonger - This specialty shop offers artisan cheeses, wine, beer, and more! They host numerous events and classes sure to please any wine lover!
- Popped! - While you snack on delicious, Ohio grown, locally made popcorn, watch it being made right in front of you! Offering a variety of flavors like Fore House Caramel, Kettle, and White Cheddar. Popped! specializes in homemade ice cream and chocolates too!
- Lucky Penny Creamery - This family owned farm and creamery raise Nubian, La Mancha, and Alpine Dairy Goats and make artisan cheese from their milk. Their creamery is operated in downtown Kent and product can be purchased at numerous local retailers and farmers' markets.
- Kent State Hotel and Conference Center - The chef at the Nineteen 10 restaurant in the Kent State Hotel offers groups one-of-a-kind cooking classes. This beautiful, boutique hotel is a perfect spot to stay the night in downtown Kent!
- MadCap Brewing - Enjoy high quality craft beer while playing cards, pinball, over-sized Jenga, or Skee Ball at Kent's local brewery!
- Kent Historical Museum - Kent's history resource and reference center, leading the community in the collection, preservation, and interpretation of Kent's heritage through exhibitions, educational programs, and activities.
- Masonic Temple - Tour this historic house built in 1880, originally the home of Kent namesake Marvin Kent and his family.
- May 4th Center - This permanent exhibit tells the story of the Kent State shootings set in the context of the 1960s.
- Treno Ristorante / Historic Train Depot - Built in 1875, this once train depot is now home to a fine dining Italian restaurant and bar.
- Crooked River Adventures - Canoe or kayak along the Cuyahoga River that runs right through downtown Kent. Explore on your own or take advantage of guided trip options.
- Portage Hike and Bike Trails - Lace up and explore 14 miles of the beautiful and diverse natural areas of Portage County.
- Beckwith Orchards - A family owned and operated farm market for over 125 years growing and selling fruit to the families of Kent and its surrounding communities.
- Bike Share - Need a bike? Rent one for a few hours or the whole day! A great way to explore the outdoors.
- Dan Smith Community Park - A pocket park situated in the middle of our downtown! With swings, corn-hole, oversized Connect 4, free libraries for children and adults, and a water feature, it's the perfect place to enjoy a cup of coffee.